4 things to check out at BTS’s first exclusive 1U pop-up showcase
Malaysian ARMYs, rejoice! The very first exclusive BTS POP-UP: MAP OF THE SOUL store has finally arrived in Malaysia and it has now officially opened at 1 Utama Shopping Center, Petaling Jaya.
The long-awaited event was originally scheduled to launch in May earlier this year, but has been postponed due to the MCO series in the country. But the wait is over, folks! The store will now only welcome fully vaccinated ARMYs and visitors to enjoy the exclusive event in strict compliance with applicable government security protocols.
To get you in tune with the event, here are four exciting things waiting for you at the showcase:
1. Iconic store design inspired by BTS
The key color of the display case is decorated in blue tones and it is inspired by concepts from BTS’s fourth studio album MAP OF THE SOUL: 7. The exterior is covered in cool black and the iconic lighted BTS logo that will keep you looking. admiration. As you walk through the entrance you will be completely drawn into the world of BTS with the ‘blue door’ that will lead fans directly into the main showroom of BTS POP-UP Showcase.
2. Plethora of merchandise to add to your collections
The Malaysian ARMY and fans will surely be thrilled with exhilaration as they can browse a plethora of over 300 official merchandise to choose from. The product line includes limited edition clothing, accessories, bags, wallets, figurines, posters, stationery and lifestyle products to add to your favorite collections.
3. Exclusive items on the theme of Dynamite:
There will be a special corner exclusively dedicated to items on the theme of BTS’s worldwide hit song, available at the venue. Fans can anticipate the range of special Dynamite items. Free BTS postcards will be offered as a welcome gift to visitors while supplies last. How exciting!
4. Experiential zones
Combining brand experience and storytelling, the store interior is laid out in distinctive experiential zones that will take fans back to the past. Each area is designed to encapsulate the different eras of BTS’s music career and is specially decorated to recreate a set of instantly recognizable BTS music videos and the corresponding tracks from the pop icon’s albums.
- Reception area: Garage vacations: Symbolic scenes from “Skool Luv Affair” and “MAP OF THE SOUL: PERSONA”.
- TinyTAN: Magic door: Find adorable TinyTAN figures inspired by band members as a great photo spot.
- Disco Dynamite: Retro replica of the “Dynamite” music video set and DISCO well-being background.
- Black swan wings: Pair of eye-catching neon wings in reference to the band’s “Black Swan” music video.
- LED wall: Dance to your favorite tunes from BTS’s biggest hits on the big animated screen.
To ensure a safe and enjoyable experience for all, here are some admission guidelines to follow when entering the event:
- Admission to the pop-up store is strictly reserved for fully vaccinated buyers.
- Fans and visitors will need to scan a QR code at the entrance counter to register on a virtual waiting list system. A confirmation link will be sent by SMS which will virtually display the queue status.
- A second SMS will be sent to warn the visitor to return to the store for an official entry via a QR code.
- Other SOPs include a mandatory face mask, 1 meter social distancing, and MySejahtera registration. Wristbands will be issued as an entry pass that allows a maximum stay of 45 minutes per person, with a store capacity limit of only 30 people at a time.
- Re-entry and food and drinks are not allowed.
The event takes place exclusively at the 1Utama shopping center until January 31, 2022. Happy shopping ARMYs!