Battlefield 2042 December 9th patch 3.1 patch notes: major bug fixes, logging hits, balancing, and more.
The developers of Battlefield 2042 DICE are posting a follow-up to the massive hotfix that arrived on December 2. This December 9 hotfix will fix major bugs and hit recording issues, among others. Here are the full patch notes for Update # 3.1.
Battlefield 2042 didn’t have the smoothest launch. Fans of the franchise have been unhappy with the bug-filled Battlefield experience so far. Luckily, DICE has implemented a hotfix that is intended to fix many of the game’s current issues.
Update # 3 on December 2 was just the start of a major update heading to Battlefield 2042. Therefore, the update on December 9 is expected to extend the update that was released. line barely a week ago.
Battlefield 2042 patch 3.1 release date
Battlefield 2042 update 3.1 will live in 00:00 PT / 3:00 ET / 8:00 GMT to December 9, 2021.
While an official release time has yet to be revealed, it is customary for updates to be posted at 00:00 PT / 3:00 ET / 8:00 GMT.
Improved Battlefield 2042 to hit the record
Recording hits has been one of the most prevalent concerns of the Battlefield 2042 community. The developers took their first step towards resolving issues in Update # 3. With # 3.1 DICE continues to tweak this problem.
They confirmed that they had made “improvements to the consistency of bullet registration and changes in balance for the scattering and recoil of bullets.”
Battlefield 2024 bug fixes
In addition to weapon and vehicle balancing, DICE has made a point of eliminating the annoying bugs in Battlefield 2042.
With Update # 3.1, players will no longer experience the frustration of fighting invisible enemies. Although this is a rare bug, there is no place for it in the game. The bugs related to grenades and launchers have also been fixed.
Improving the Quality of Life at Battlfield 2042
It looks like DICE is looking to make the game more enjoyable for gamers by offering much-needed aesthetic improvements.
The first of these comes in the form of audio enhancements. This patch will bring “Several audio enhancements to improve your overall sound experience, focusing on clarity, distance and directional perception.” Better audio quality should translate into a better gaming experience.
Gamers can also expect menu improvements that will allow Xbox gamers to exit cross play more quickly.
Battlefield 2042 patch # 3.1 patch notes
Bug fixes, modifications and improvements
- Players who are not the party leader can now cancel while waiting in a queue
- Xbox – Cross-Play can now be turned on / off in the Options menu on Xbox
- Your sort settings will now be remembered correctly when refreshing Battlefield: Portal Server Browser
- Fixed an issue where loadouts were sometimes empty on the spawn screen after joining a server, preventing weapon selection
- Improvements to ensure aim assist is more consistent during console play
- Ranger’s effective combat range and overall health have been reduced
- Various changes to the overall audio experience to improve clarity, distance, and directional perception
- Fixed an issue where soldiers would not always play specific steps inside
- Removed rebound from Underbarrel grenades when firing at close range
- 40mm AP Grenades now correctly damage vehicles
- Fixed some weapons showing incorrect ammo count for specific magazines
- DXR-1 and NTW-50 Bolt-Action Rifle reload animation increased by 0.2 seconds
- Adjusted dispersion values for most weapons, resulting in faster dispersion decrease when firing or performing short bursts
- Adjusted dispersion increases for most weapons. It now takes a little longer for the guns to become too inaccurate during sustained fire
- Adjusted recoil values to avoid overly aggressive recoil jumps for AK24, LCMG, PKP-BP, SFAR-M GL and PP-29
- Improved hip firing accuracy for all SMGs to better set them apart from other auto weapon archetypes
- Reduced LMG dispersion and recoil to improve sustained fire performance
- Additional recoil control improvements for all weapons, especially automatic weapons.
- Increased short range damage and consistency of the MCS-880 when using Buckshot Shell or Flechette Shells
- Fixed a bug where bullets were fired below player objectives for the SFAR-M GL and K30
- Fixed a bug where vehicle weapons would sometimes not deal explosion damage on a direct hit
- We are reducing the effectiveness of the 30mm gun of the land vehicle compared to the infantry. It now overheats faster, has a slightly reduced rate of fire and damage, and increased fall damage from a distance
- Rate of fire 350 -> 330
- Heat per bullet 0.13 -> 0.14
- Heat drop per second 0.5 -> 0.475
- Explosion damage 20 -> 18
- LCAA Hovercraft – 40mm LPG Grenade Launcher
- Explosion damage reduced from 55 -> 35
- Upward firing angle of the 40mm utility pod is now easier to use
- EBAA Wildcat – 57mm barrel
- Dispersion removed
- Ammunition 12 -> 8
- Impact damage 85 -> 75
- Explosion damage 70 -> 35
- Increased time to detonate a Frag Grenade from 1.1s -> 1.4s after first bounce in heavy collision
- Increased the damage of frag grenades in all game modes to deal 120 damage and also ensure the death of armored players
- Reduced max ammo count. frag and incendiary grenades of 2 -> 1
- Spotting radius reduced from 30m -> 20m
- Uptime reduced from 30s -> 14s
- Reduced amount of Prox Sensor a player can carry and deploy from 2 -> 1
Battlefield danger zone
- Fixed an issue that caused the LATV4 reconnaissance of itinerant occupation forces to appear at the wrong time or not at all
- Kaleidoscope – The rooftop capture objective has been removed. There are now two capture objectives at the bottom in BT large and one at the bottom in BT small
- Orbital – The rooftop capture objective has been removed. There is now a single capture lens at the bottom in BT large and BT small
- Hourglass – The rooftop capture objective has been removed. There is now a single bottom capture lens in BT large and BT small. Fixed an issue where players would spawn out of bounds
- Back pedaling improvements in prone objects
- Fixed a rare issue where players could become invisible when spawning on a full / destroyed vehicle
For more from Battlefield 2042, you can also check out all of the fastest ways to level up.
Image credits: DICE / EA